National Fertilizer Regulatory Agency
The Administrative Officer (AO) will be responsible for operational and providing administrative support to NaFRA, clients and other stakeholders of the Agency. The AO will organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures and leads in creating a pleasant work environment, and ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety. The AO assists the Finance and Administrative Manager in organizing the Agency’s records and maintaining inventory of office supplies. Responsible for event planning and organization including overseeing the activities of office cleaning staff and maintenance vendors. Keep accurate records for all administrative matters and provide regular update to the Finance and Administrative Manager. Maintain up-to-date administrative record system. The Administrative Officer will manage the front desk, and as such is the initial point of contact for all employees and visitors. The Administrative Officer ensures that the administrative activities within the Agency run smoothly daily.
Qualification, Professional Experience and Skills
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Possess a minimum of 4 years’ practical experience as Administrative Officer or in similar capacity such as Office Administrator preferably with government Ministries, Departments and Agencies;
- Knowledge of principles and techniques employed in effective office administration and management;
- Knowledge of effective government procedures and practices in the fields of personnel administration will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrates ability to initiate, organize and priorities administration tasks.
- English language fluency (strong written and verbal communication skills) required; ability to prepare reports;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data;
- Proven multitasking abilities;
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with minimal oversight;
- Displays a flexible approach to dealing with staff
- High level of integrity, credibility and commitment;
- Possess notable organizational skills and the ability to provide organization and structure that others can follow;
- Able to comprehend and communicate written policies and procedures;
- Ability to make independent decisions;
- Good team player with problem-solving and sound decision-making skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory relationships with the public, private industry and government personnel;
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Able to maintain and promote professionalism in interaction with team members and clients;
- Relevant working experience with public/private sector institutions will be an added advantage.
About the Role
The Administrative Officer reports to the Finance and Administrative Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing system of all Agency’s documents;
- Organizing and scheduling meetings including appointments within the office and ensure appropriate communication, prepare meeting rooms; arrange bookings and reservations for conferences;
- Preparing agendas and attendance registers for meetings and workshops;
- Tracking the utilization of office consumables and maintaining administrative tracker logs;
- Manage and monitor the availability of accessories, equipment, stationery, office supplies and office stock; Ensure functionality of necessary office equipment, and requisitioning new equipment and supplies as needed;
- Maintaining proper office condition and arranging necessary repairs;
- Addressing employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery etc.);
- Managing information and workflow;
- Coordinating with ICT staff on all office equipment and IT related issues;
- Provides advice and recommendations on administrative procedures and practices;
- Overseeing the general workers responsibilities and ensure that the office is kept clean at all times and ensure office orderliness and professional appearance;
- Ensuring that special holiday messages are recorded and communicated to the relevant personnel as required;
- Maintaining an up-to-date contact list for the Agency, both internal and external contacts;
- Liaising with facility management vendors;
- Assisting with coordinating procurements (preparing Purchase Request and ordering business cards for all employees);
- Assists with preparation administrative budgets and reports for the Agency and/or funding agencies;
- Office space management and ensuring the office building meets fire, health, and safety requirements.
- Attend meetings and record notes and messages for managers.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual administrative reports;
- Carry out other duties as required and assigned by the Finance and Administrative Manager or NaFRA management.
Duty Station: Based in Freetown with occasional travels to the Provinces.
Profile required (Person Specifications)