Advocacy and Communications Officer
Save the children Sierra Leone
Freetown, Sierra Leone
18 March 2022
To apply, use the link or send your CV to the Email address below.
If blank, use the "Apply now" button.
Save the children Sierra Leone
Save the Children is looking for energetic and hard-working woman or man to serve as Advocacy and Communications Officer in Kailahun Field Office. If you have passion for children, and you wish to be part of a dynamic team supporting development in Sierra Leone, then we look forward to your application! Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are also keen to receive applications from residents living in or hailing from the aforementioned districts.
- Degree in mass communication, Development communication or International Relations
- At least 3 years of experience in the creation and implementation of advocacy and communications initiatives for children, adolescent and young people. or related programming
- At least 1 year of experience working with an international organisation.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in writing blogs, articles, short stories etc.
- Experience in using digital camera or smart phone technology for productions of B-rolls, short videos, films high quality still photographs.
- Experience working with networks and cultivating partnership with various stakeholders.
- Experience in report writing
- Experience in policy analysis and development of communication messages and materials
- Experience in coordination of advocacy and communication related activities/events
- Experience in mobilising and working with comm unity structures in an inclusive, child-sensitive, and gender-sensitive manner.
- Proven experience in organising and facilitating trainings, especially on child protection issues.
- Experience in using participatory methodologies in programme implementation, preferably involving children and adolescents.
- Experience working with local partners and providing technical support to them.
- Excellent facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as a team member within a collaborative framework.
- The ability to work independently and use own initiative; strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and organise work, cope with pressure and prioritise competing demands on time.
- The ability to represent the organisation and advocate with a wide range of partners, including government, NGO’s and community representatives.
- Ability to write clear and well-structured reports in English.
- Strong computer skills, especially in word, excel, PowerPoint, internet.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Motorbike riding skills with valid license are considered a plus.
About the Role
The Project Officer; Advocacy and Communications will contribute to the design and implementation of the project’s communications and advocacy work. This role will support the project team to increase visibility for SCI, partners and GAC by show casing our work nationally and globally using communication for advocacy and campaigning. The role will develop materials needed to improve communication with beneficiaries, partners and stakeholders for the project. In addition, He/she will responsible for driving the project’s advocacy and communication strategy which is child/adolescents focused and inclusive to achieve SCI’s ambition for children. The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring that activities use evidence to facilitate engagements with policy makers, and influencers, children/adolescents are capacitated to engage community, district and national influencers and policy makers to voice their opinions on issues affecting their lives. Will closely work project team with support from SCI’s Advocacy and Communication section