Tandeen Group Of Companies
Company’s profile: Tandeen Group of Companies Sierra Leone Limited is a local conglomerate with multiple areas of expertise offering professional services. The Company has a core of committed and dedicated local Technical Staff working together with experienced Engineers in place to strengthen its human resource.
The Management of the Company has grown with a substantial increase in the share capital. Using it experience, Tandeen Sierra Leone will continually play a professional and technical management partner role in serving institutions, organizations with interest in delivering services or products.
The Company is engaged in the following; Designing and consulting department on a wide range of engineering service; Supervision of constructions of reinforced concrete structures; Supervision of constructions of steel structures; Surveying; Construction of Boreholes, Boreholes with Solar Pump Installations; Construction of Public and Residential Buildings such as Warehouses; Storey Buildings, Fencing Power Solutions, Fishing etc.
Key Competencies & Skills
- Demonstrate excellent secretarial skills, including at least 75 words per minute at the keyboard with a minimum of errors, general bookkeeping and filing skills.
- Ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval and presentations.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or an equivalent computer program.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate appropriate telephone etiquette, with proper voice inflection.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain confidences.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with supervisors, colleagues and visitors.
- Excellent knowledge of the company and trends impacting the business
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Must have work in a similar role for the past five years.
- Must have the ability to handle task in a professional manner with limited supervision.
- Perform confidential secretarial and clerical tasks of a varied nature, some of which may be unique to the assigned office, requiring a thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Company.
- Handle mail and correspondence of the office, responding to routine requests for information, and transcribing, word processing, and proofing letters and responses.
- Receive visitors and answer telephone calls in a pleasant and efficient manner, communicating effectively in routine, sensitive, and confidential matters.
- Maintain an efficient and well organized electronic and paper data collection and filing systems, including confidential files.
- Assist the Chairman/CEO and Managing Director in the preparation of reports and documents by gathering and organizing data, using word processing, copying, collating, and transmitting or distributing final products.
- Arrange meeting details and handle follow-up activities.
- Order and maintain office supplies and provisions for the Chairman/CEO and Managing Director.
- Create and maintain a clean, attractive, orderly, safe, and efficient office environment.
- Maintained confidential personal correspondence, and personal files of the Company
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned with time.
Mode of application
Interested applicants should send in detail curriculum vitae including names and addresses of two referees and a cover letter, hard or soft copy to the address: 6 Bangali Drive, Off Wilkinson Road, Freetown, emails: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +23278606993, not later than 12:00pm on Tuesday April 26, 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Role
Tandeen is looking for a highly motivated professional to work with our team to bring positive change in our businesses. Candidates are invited to apply for the following post:
The Confidential Secretary performs confidential secretarial and clerical responsibilities necessary for an efficient and effective office that assists Chairman/CEO and Managing Director in the performance of their responsibilities.
Reporting to: Chairman/CEO and Managing Director
Direct Reports: None
Qualification: Suitable Diploma in Secretariat Studies, Business Administration, or equivalent from a recognized Institution
Practical Experience: Min 3 years’ experience in secretariat work or related secretariat position.