Director of Accounting and Finance
Banking & Finance
Freetown, Sierra Leone
11 April 2022
To apply, use the link or send your CV to the Email address below.
If blank, use the "Apply now" button.
We are a SaaS Fintech Company enabling businesses to pay and get paid by the unbanked anytime and anywhere. Our mission is to digitize the financial industry in Africa and empower the unbanked.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in an accounting-related field, preferably three (3) of which must have been in a supervisory/manager role.
- In-depth knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software, corporate principles, and financial analysis.
- Bilingual (speaking & writing both English & French is an essential function of the job)
- An analytical mind with strong strategic and critical thinking abilities.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Proficient with G-Suite and MS Office.
- Experience in the fintech/remittance industry is a plus.
- Being CFA or CPA will also be an added advantage.
Job criteria for job ad : Director of Accounting and Finance
Job category :
Accounting, controlling, finance
Banking, insurance, finance
Employment type :
About the Role
We are a SaaS Fintech Company enabling businesses to pay and get paid by the unbanked anytime and anywhere. Our mission is to digitize the financial industry in Africa and empower the unbanked. We are a B2B company, contributing to making Africa a cashless continent. We enable remittances to be transferred instantly into mobile wallets and bank accounts. Some of our strategic partners include remittance companies (e.g., Western Union, MoneyGram, Ria, etc.), mobile wallet operators (Orange, MTN, Afrimoney, etc.), and banks (UBA, Ecobank, etc.). We also enable local and international businesses to pay and get paid by the unbanked.
We're looking for a highly-analytical Director of Accounting and Finance who's resourceful, organized, and results-driven. A strong candidate who has outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities. Your ultimate goal will be to guide the company towards profitability and success. If you are in Guinea, Senegal, or Sierra Leone you may be the person we are looking for.
In this role, you will:
- Direct all financial procedures and reporting in support of monthly and yearly reports/audits.
- Reconcile partner’s transactions (i.e. Western Union, Ria, Moneygram, etc.) and BnB (through Agent Portal) transactions daily, promptly report and investigate discrepancies found in records.
- Review and monitor company financial transactions and maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Recommend financial actions (e.g., regarding spending, expenses, and budget) to the CFO and CEO after a thorough analysis of accounting data and options.
- Review BnB’s financial standing, develop effective and efficient budget/s that meet BnB’s requirements, aligned to its goal, including evaluating the needs of each department in the long term.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning and forecasting of BnB by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Hire and oversee leaders and members in the finance and accounting departments, which include giving directions, mentoring, and delivering periodical evaluations.
- Partner with key business leaders (Operations, Business Development, Senior Management) on executing critical business objectives and improving processes that will drive forecast efficiencies and accuracy.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly financial report/s required for Monthly Financial Statement Discussion with the Executive Team.
- Conduct complex forecasting and financial analysis to drive continued successful growth and profitability of the organization.