BRAC Sierra Leone
Career with BRAC Sierra Leone
With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 135 million people, BRAC is the world’s largest non-governmental organization.
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 9 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organizations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global South. BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Duty Station: Country Office (with occasional visits to provincial field offices)
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Strong, smart and ready to work
- Healthy and honest
Specific Educational Qualifications: (required)
Must have attempted WASSCE / BECE / GCE O level
PROFESSIONAL DEGREE / CERTIFICATION: (required)
Valid driving license
At least 1year in related field
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades and years of experience at email@example.com OR by hand to our Head Office 43 Freetown Road, Lumley.
PLEASE MENTION THE NAME OF POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application deadline: 28th April 2022
About the Role
- To convey materials, equipment, and staff of the organization to the areas where they are required.
- Transport BRAC staff, official visitors, equipment, supply items and documents as assigned, both within Freetown and to up country locations.
- Precisely finish all paper work connected with conveyance of merchandize. Perform some other undertakings like shopping, dropping and picking clothing, getting lunch and running errands.
- Transport products, materials, and staff securely to areas where they are needed
- Guarantee that products and staff are protected and secured
- Recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to the Admin Officer or manager
- Perform periodic maintenance or general system check on vehicles, such as changing batteries and motor oil at appropriate time, as well as refueling the car.
- Ensure that vehicles under your control are kept perfect and clean at all times by washing both the inside and outside parts of the vehicle
- Recognize electrical and mechanical faults and report to the employer or technician
- Carry out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are sound
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff and materials to and from places as instructed by supervisor or the manager
- Report any case of accident, injury or damage of vehicles to the supervisor or manager
- Keep all records, including receipts for vehicle maintenance vehicle requisition forms.
- Report any instance of mishap or accident to the dispatcher or supervisor
- Answer clients’ inquiries as brilliantly as could be allowed
- Keep up a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours
- Ensure that vehicle is clean and tidy
- Ensure vehicle maintenance
- Drop off and pick up.