BRAC Sierra Leone
Career with BRAC Sierra Leone
With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 135 million people, BRAC is the world’s largest non-governmental organization.
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 9 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge/skill in mix methods of research – quantitative in specific
- Experienced and skilled in large survey management in different sectors.
- Data cleaning and primary data analysis
- Knowledge of digital data management like ODK /Survey CTO, recorders, is added advantage.
- Well versed in MS office and MS excel
- Capacity to manage the technical, logistical aspects of several surveys and research activities.
Specific Educational Qualifications: (required)
Degree Concentration / Major
Bachelor or diploma : Economics, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics or any other related subject.
PROFESSIONAL DEGREE / CERTIFICATION: (if required)
Certificate in research methodology – study designs, data analysis is added advantage
At least 4 years of experience in survey management with in-person leading role.
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades and years of experience at email@example.com OR by hand to our Head Office 43 Freetown Road, Lumley.
PLEASE MENTION THE NAME OF POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE
Only complete applications will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application deadline: 19th April 2022
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
About the Role
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organizations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global South. BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Duty Station: Country Office (with occasional visits to provincial field offices)
The person will be overall responsible for in-country planning surveys and research activities in the field, enumerators training, survey management, data cleaning, and cooperate in designing research tools and implementation.
- Supervise and capacitate a team of enumerators and Field Supervisors (when applicable) to conduct surveys and field activities for research.
- Provide inputs to research protocols, research designs, research tools, and survey planning
- Collate learning of field management and thus update best practices of field management.
- Understand, contribute, and implement sampling plan and sampling frame
- Learn research tools and train enumerators at training and in the field.
- Arrange logistics for enumerators training including budget, mobiles, and materials.
- Supervise the team members for sampling target and quality data.
- Supervise and act to trace respondent to reduce attrition.
- Ensure data quality by working at every level – tools making, mobile layout, training, supervision, entry, translation, and store.
- Budget and assets (mobile, server) management under research
- Work hand in hand with data manager to maintain database of quality data.
- Write concept notes and research reports from country contexts.
- Communicate and coordinate with BRAC programmes, support units, and external stakeholders.
- Project/studies data collection and training for enumerators are done well.
- Quality data ensured for data analysis through good tool, good training, and supervision.
- Provide field inputs for data analysis
- Mobile layout making
- Participating in designing research tools – questionnaire, KII, FGD protocols
- Team building based on BRAC values and safeguarding with BRAC programmes and other stakeholders.