Aberdeens Women Clinic
The Aberdeen Women’s Centre (AWC) is a Non-Governmental charitable hospital located in Aberdeen, Freetown providing free surgical services to the women of Sierra Leone for correction of disorders arising from protracted labor; we are also providing free maternity services and an outpatient pediatric clinic for children between birth and fifteen years old.
- Part-Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA), A Bachelor Degree in accounting or MBA/MSc will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a financial and/or accounting capacity.
About the Role
Purpose of the Role
The Finance Officer shall provide operational financial support to the Finance Manager, and will be responsible for the effective and efficient execution of all agreed project/activities/tasks. S/he will be supervised by and report to the Finance Manager. The position is a Performance Based Contract with a six month probation period. Position is subject to quarterly Performance Assessment and contractual re-engagement will be subject to satisfactory performance at the end of the calendar year
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that financial reports are prepared in an accurate manner, and in accordance with the International Accounting Standards, and submitted on time.
- Prepare monthly and end of year financial statements, Perform reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts and their respective schedules monthly. All variances must be explained in writing.
- Ensure that the Trial Balance Report reconciles with Monthly Income & Expenditure Report.
- Based on monthly financial and database reports, prepare financial performance indicators for the organization.
- In the absence of the Finance Manager and the Accountant, participate in the monthly supervisors’ meetings for budget review and strategic planning.
- Maintain accountable and transparent financial management systems, policies and procedures
- Track donor funding and budgets, file contracts and ensure AWC fulfils the contract in order to keep the funding.
- Institute necessary internal control measures to prevent fraud and errors which are likely to undermine public confidence in AWC.
- Correct application of all accounting procedures and safe-keeping of all payment vouchers, invoices and relevant documents after making payment. Keeping the cash under lock and key according to AWC’s policies
- Ensuring that all payments have been approved by the appropriately authorized staff and are properly coded (donor and account code) prior to payment
- Ensure that all staff complete all required forms supporting the procurement, and personnel policies.
- Prepares weekly and monthly bank reconciliations in the cash books as well as Updates and reconciles all client financial information
- Ensure ad-hoc examinations of petty cash match to all supporting documents and reports all the time.
- Liaise with heads of department to prepare accurate and realistic annual budget proposals and forecasts.
- Monthly update of Fixed Asset Register, preparing and posting depreciation therefrom. Liaise with the maintenance and domestic team on the management of project assets, facilities and logistical services
- Perform any other duties as assigned and needed inherent to the position.
- Ability to establish goals, structures and processes necessary to implement the organisation’s mission and strategic vision.
- Ability to use an analytical approach to resolve issues in the area of responsibility.
- Excellent computer skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Comprehensive financial process knowledge.
Personnel Specifications Required
- Gross Salary – SLL 42,624,376 ( Inclusive of Benefits)