DAHW is an independent non-governmental organization supported by donors, volunteers and staff around the world. We collaborate with national and international players active in medical and social development co-operation and research. We form strategic alliances to achieve the best possible outcome. The entrusted funds enable us to fulfill our statutory duties in line with the principle of economy and needs-based support. We consider ourselves as a link between people who want to help and those who need help. We visualize the connection between disease and poverty so that people act with empathy and solidarity.
We assist people suffering from poverty-related diseases on a global scale. We focus on the needs of those with leprosy, tuberculosis and other socially excluding diseases and handicaps. We support medical and social relief programs that allow affected individuals to live a life in dignity and become empowered to be equally integrated into society. We conduct research in the interests of improving prevention, diagnostics and therapy, and medical, social rehabilitation for our target groups. We maintain national and international standards and encourage self-responsibility.
Our vision is a world in which no one suffers from leprosy, tuberculosis and other neglected diseases and the consequences they bring, such as physical disability and social exclusion.
We began our work in Sierra Leone in 1966 in Bombali District.
- Extremely flexible and has the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Ability to prioritise task and manage time efficiently
- Effective communication skills.
- Writing and reporting skills
- Computer skills
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting & Finance or related discipline from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related work
- Demonstrated experience working with other NGO’s or government MDA’s is an added advantaged.
HOW TO APPLY
Diversity is one of our core organizational values. We therefore accept applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion/belief or disability.
We invite you to send us your complete application (including Resume, Cover letter and references), indicating the salary expectation, by 20thDecember 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the caption: “Application: Finance Officer
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
About the Role
WHAT WE OFFER
- The position we are recruiting for is that of Finance Officer
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare staff monthly salaries
- To ensure that monthly PAYE deductions, WITHOLDING TAX and NASSIT
- Contributions are accurately calculated and paid to the respective authorities
- Monthly bank reconciliation of main program and LRI project
- To ensure that all payments made to third parties that are eligible for payment and are strictly within the approved budget lines, following due process
- Supporting Auditors in auditing financial statement
- To ensure and improve the management and control of stocks and assets
- Prepare and review revenue, expenses, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents
- Compare and analyse financial iformation to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts for current accounts, savings account and cash account.
- Analyse revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels and ensure expenditure control
- Prepare day to day petty cash and cheque payment vouchers
- To scan all monthly vouchers and upload in WINPACC cloud
- Payment of all office bills bills, i.e (water rate, electricity, telephone etc)
- Liase with other NGOs for networking
- To ensure that proper management controls are in place, cash movement from bank, cash in bank accounts and irregularities in the bank account.