Banking & Finance
4 April 2022
To apply, use the link or send your CV to the Email address below.
If blank, use the "Apply now" button.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2022-2025), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Logistics Associate position is located in the UNFPA office in Freetown, Sierra Leone with the Operations Team and reports to the International Operations Manager. This post specifically serves the logistics and supply needs of Country Office, and project requirements within the country.
In direct support of UNFPA’s country Programme to achieve the ICPD goals and SDGs, and in connection with the Logistics Policy formulation and strategic thinking, ensure proper and effective use of UNFPA’s resources.
Qualifications and Experience :
· Completed secondary level education required; first university degree or diploma in accounting, business or public administration, finance or similar discipline highly desirable.
· Certification or training related to humanitarian logistics is beneficial.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Seven years of relevant logistics management experience in the public or private sector;
· Familiarity with UN administrative procedures and the ability to interpret the rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely is desirable;
· Previous experience in the UN an advantage;
· Proficiency in web-based systems/ERP (PeopleSoft), MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and other computerized applications required;
· Good writing and communication skills.
Fluency in English
Required Competencies :
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system, dA5rDyE Dj3i3R
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
- Business acumen
- Data management and logistical support
- Implementing management systems
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking Client orientation and organizational awareness
- Job knowledge/technical expertise
- Providing strategic focus,
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders,
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities. We therefore encourage women and persons with disabilities to apply.
Compensation and Benefits :
This position offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive net salary plus admissible benefits as per salary and benefits policy for UN fixed term employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
UNFPA has established an electronic application management system. This allows applicants to create a candidate profile, which can be updated regularly and submitted for more than one vacancy.
Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA at http://www.unfpa.org/employment .
Please print out the Guide for your reference during the registration and application process.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
About the Role
Main Tasks & Responsibilities :
The Logistics Associate provides necessary support in close collaboration with programme and project teams in the CO for resolving all logistical-related issues and information delivery.
Under the direct supervision of the International Operations Manager, the Logistics Associate provides guidance and execute logistical services in CO ensuring their effectiveness, transparency and integrity. The Logistics Associate supports a client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the unit.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the documentation on procurement needs based on national forecasting and quantification exercise for UNFPA supported inventory, including reproductive health (RH) commodities, dignity kits and medical equipment;
- Providing the necessary support to recipients of UNFPA procurements to respond to challenges regarding ordering and delivery of the procured commodities;
- Monitoring shipments and regularly reporting on the status within an effective inventory management system for UNFPA poured commodities;
- Maintaining continuous and accurate and up to date flow of information between UNFPA HQs and the country office;
- Working in close collaboration with the Procurement Services Branch (PSB) for delivery schedule, liaising with local consignees and medical stores to ensure adherence to schedules;
- Providing the necessary support to recipients of UNFPA procurements to respond to challenges regarding delivery of the procured commodities;
- Collaborating with the RHCS Specialist in order to ensure effective representation of UNFPA in inter-agency meetings and working groups regarding procurement and supplies;
- Ensuring timely and correct entries of procurement needs into ATLAS procurement module and regularly updating the shipment tracking and inventory management tools;
- Liaising with local clearing agencies to ensure the timely clearance and delivery of commodities to the designated consignee;
- Working with government counterparts and partners to ensure appropriate warehousing of all supplies at all levels of distribution to service delivery points;
- Preparing and monitoring financial transactions for RH commodities, equipment and supplies in accordance with UNFPA financial rules and procedures;
- Ensuring the effective financial recording and reporting system, internal controls and audit follow-up;
- Supporting the resource mobilization and advocacy efforts of the country office related to the national RH commodity requirements;
- Contributing to the corporate reporting for core and non-core funds related to RH commodities and other inventory items.