Established in 1979 by Bishop Azzolini, Caritas Makeni is a relief and development based National Non-governmental Organization in the Diocese of Makeni in Sierra Leone’s North and North - West Provinces. Caritas Makeni supports efforts to increase resilience amongst the vulnerable and marginalized people, irrespective of religion, tribe, gender or race. Caritas Makeni has built solid networks in communities to deliver technical assistance and support, relying on outside partners to further complement the ongoing work with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In line with the Government of Sierra Leone’s Agenda for Prosperity and the Ebola Recovery efforts, this strategy aims to work in four key areas: Health, Education, Livelihoods and Emergencies. Underlying these programmes are cross-cutting themes including advocacy, social protection and adult literacy. The four thematic areas reflect the country’s situational analysis as well as other evaluations from a comprehensive Child Protection KAP survey and teenage pregnancy research.
v Bachelor's Degree in any Social Sciences, Public Health, Economics, Statistics or Social Work
v Five years of working experience in a similar position in an NGO
v Computer Literate
v A valid driving license and ability to ride a motorbike
About the Role
DUTIES AND RESOPONSIBILTIES
· Leads on the development and oversees the roll-out of the Caritas Makeni MEAL system, ensuring accountability to donors, beneficiaries, and the organization
· Promotes all aspect of MEAL to support the creation of the organizational culture that prioritizes quality programming
· Builds strong relationships with colleagues and provides support as required to ensure the MEAL system is understood and supported at the field and head office levels.
· Works closely with the program teams to ensure that MEAL becomes an integral element of project implementation leading to enhanced quality, accountability, management, and impact. This may include the establishment of a Technical Working Group.
· Manages the MEAL team to ensure that the MEAL system operates effectively with the support and resources requires. Ensure clear links and reporting lines between field and CO level and between MEAL and other departments.
· Supports the MEAL team's progress on specific projects, providing management oversight on progress and problem-solving in case of challenges.
· Ensures that the organization delivers on all internal M&E requirements in emergency and development programs promptly and with high-quality information, including reporting quarterly reports, total direct and indirect reach data.
· Identifies and introduces new elements (systems, tools, processes) required under the MEAL system and project manages development by MEAL team members.
· Ensures that data is brought together and findings from across thematic and operational regions to form a coherent basis for analysis of impact which promotes learning and strategy development for the whole organization.
· Lead on monitoring and improving the synergy and integration of thematic programs to enhance the delivery of outstanding results for communities.
· Communicate top-level learning/analysis reports and monitors data to ensure that management can make informed decisions on a timely basis to scale up and face operational challenges, external reporting and representation
· Ensures external accountability to donors through the implementation of timely and quality MEAL activities leading to timely and accurate reporting
· Understands and adheres to Caritas Makeni Mission and Core values
· Understands and adheres to Caritas Makeni Code of Conduct and Safeguarding principles.
· Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules of Caritas Makeni at all times