Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Marie Stopes Sierra Leone
Freetown, Sierra Leone
21 March 2022
To apply, use the link or send your CV to the Email address below.
If blank, use the "Apply now" button.
Marie Stopes Sierra Leone
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global social business providing personalised, high quality, affordable
contraception and safe abortion services to women and girls. MSI has 13,000 team members working in 37 countries to
deliver our mission: children by choice, not chance. Marie Stopes Sierra Leone (MSSL) is a founding member of the MSI
Partnership, operating in Sierra Leone for 30 years and becoming the largest non-governmental provider of family
planning (FP) and sexual & reproductive health (SRH) services in the country. MSSL delivers services in every district of
Sierra Leone through its outreach, centres/clinics and social marketing channels.
MSSL are commencing a period of geographic and programmatic expansion including an increase in static and outreach
service provision. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will have the responsibility for monitoring and evaluating all MSSL Delivery channels, to ensure that high standards are maintained at all times. The M&E Officer will work closely with the
Outreach Channel Lead, Program Manager/Programmes and Public Sector Director and all the regional staff and stakeholders to achieve MSSL objectives. To achieve this, MSSL requires an innovative, result oriented individual who has a vision, wants the
challenge of launching and managing a new national level programme.
▪ A degree in social sciences, medical statistics or in a field related to development
▪ Experiences, working with projects in designing monitoring systems and planning for complement evaluations
▪ Experience with Management of different sources of data and multiple indicators
▪ Must have at least 5 years experience in ; a) Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data report writing b) Use of computer systems especially data base, excel spread sheet, access, power point and internet
▪ Must be familiar with working in rural areas with focus on participatory process
▪ Must be willing to undertake regular visit to the field and interact with different stakeholders.
▪ Must have good communication and interactive skills
▪ Must be able to demonstrate complementary and supportive attitude in the process of institutional strengthening
▪ Good communicator, able to work and adapt in a fast-moving organization
About the Role
Monitoring & EvaluationIndustriesNgo / Non-ProfitSpecification
▪ The monitoring and Evaluation Officer will assist the Project Manager /Operation Manager with coordination of M&E activities of the organization.
▪ Develop and maintain health information system that adequately takes into consideration the needs and resources of the project
▪ Develop, produce and apply instruments and methodology required to collect relevant data on input, outputs, outcomes and impact of health interventions in the project areas.
▪ Assessing and reporting on capacities and performance of key Regional Coordinators, and Outreach team Leaders. ▪ Maintain consistent standards for monitoring and reporting.
▪ Collate and disseminate information in Marie Stopes’ project targets and indicators ▪ Supporting the conduct of small scale surveys and other relevant studies
▪ Preparing and updating monthly, quarterly, and annual monitoring and evaluation plans and reports.
▪ Undertaking regular visits to the field to support the implementation of M&E strategies and identify where adaptation might be needed.
▪ Support the supervision of quality and timeliness of implementation of Project activities of Marie Stopes
▪ Undertake any other duties and functions directly related to the efficient execution of Maries Stopes programmes.
▪ Produce monitoring and progress reports to Senior Management as required by donors
▪ Represent MSSL and liaise with stakeholders at all levels