Political Economy Analysis Local Lead
Freetown, Sierra Leone
11 April 2022
To apply, use the link or send your CV to the Email address below.
If blank, use the "Apply now" button.
IDG is currently seeking a Sierra Leone Local Lead to serve on the MCC PEA project. The Sierra Leone Local Lead will work directly with a regional PEA Lead to conduct a political economy analysis in Sierra Leone, including conducting in-depth research. Please note that this position is contingent upon award of the proposal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth research to produce national, sector, problem, program, and sub-nationally specific reports based on field work/KII and literature review.
- Work with a regional PEA Lead to produce brief written products, e.g., memos on critical issues and questions or emerging dynamics on the ground in Sierra Leone.
- Participate in virtual or physical workshops and other MCC or MCA-Sierra Leone sponsored events.
- Provide technical support via memos, emails, calls, and meetings.
- Work with a regional PEA Lead to create (virtual or physical) workshops and other MCA-Sierra Leone sponsored events.
- Collaborate with other consultants/experts as necessary to conduct a political economy analysis in Sierra Leone.
About the Role
- Resident in Sierra Leone or in the region.
- At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Substantial experience as a research assistant or independent researcher.
- Some expertise or experience in the power sector (as well as other MCC sectors) is a substantial plus.
- At least five years of professional working experience, preferably in research related to power and other MCC sectors.