Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone - Afriqia Solutiona
As a holistic girl driven organization, GESL nurtures and transforms girls into leaders and social change agents to realize their dreams.
GESL offers comprehensive year-round support and programming to girls while giving them the knowledge, tools, resources, and networks to make an impact in their own lives and their communities.
We provide self-development and empowerment programs for communities led by school going girls to bring out their leadership potential, develop their skills, ensure safe space for sisterhood and peer to peer learning, and provide enrichment opportunities for their future growth and learning.
We are intentional about keeping girls in school and we do this through an innovative self-development and knowledge hub focused on self-development at the core with key programmatic focus areas including skills development, Health and Wellbeing Activism, Academic enrichment support and Career guidance.
Project Overview: GESL is working on a girls’ leadership project to build a cadre of young women leaders with a feminist understanding of their rights who will lead on activism for zero tolerance of FGM in Sierra Leone. We are currently looking for a consultant to develop animation videos for girls on girl led advocacy relating to FGM.
Educational and Professional requirements:
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences/ Social Work/ Gender Studies or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Gender program management, research, and trainings.
- 10 years’ experience in project management and coordination.
Integrity – Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of GESL.
Professionalism – Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
Ethics and Values – Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity.
Self-management and Emotional Intelligence – Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behaviour towards others.
Other Relevant Information:
This is a GESL Advisor Role. GESL Advisors are expert volunteers who are provided a stipend that goes towards their transport and any other expenses they may incur.
This role is suitable for program management professionals who are willing to show leadership and contribute to the shaping of and delivery of exciting girls centered programs.
About the Role
To provide strategic advice and management oversight for all programs of Girls Empowerment Sierra Leone. The individual will act as GESL’s critical friend helping shape and deliver innovative girls’ centred solutions across its programmatic areas.
- Support the Executive Director and Programmes Teams in the evaluation of girls’ participation/performance and any other matters as and when relevant.
- Support the Executive Director in Fundraising initiatives
- Coordinate closely with partner organizations to evaluate and improve the quality of GESL programmes and activities.
- Collaboratively support in the development, review, and monitoring of programmes teamwork plans.
- Analyse program data including engagement, recruitment, retention data of the girls and provide reports and recommendations.
- Lead the coaching and support of recently promoted Programme Coordinator to strengthen day-to-day project implementation, supervision, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Develop and implement quality assurance initiatives across the programme that would ensure efficient and effective delivery.
- Liaise with Finance and Admin teams to ensure budget synergy and conformity.
- Strengthen risk management approaches and build capacity across the team in developing risk registers and risk management plans.
- Lead the design and inception of GESL’s income generating model.