Save The Children Sierra Leone
Freetown, Sierra Leone
15 March 2022
To apply, use the link or send your CV to the Email address below.
If blank, use the "Apply now" button.
Save The Children Sierra Leone
Save the Children is looking for energetic and hard-working women or men to serve as Project Officers in Kailahun Field Office. If you have a passion for children, and you wish to be part of a dynamic team supporting development in Sierra Leone, then we look forward to your application! Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We are also keen to receive applications from residents living in or hailing from the aforementioned districts.
THE ROLE: Project Officer – SRH
The Adolescent sexual and reproductive health officers are to lead in the development, implementation, and participation in monitoring Sexual and Reproductive Health and protection activities including family planning, sexual and gender-based violence response in the 40 communities within the Kailahun district. The SRH officer will also support partners to undertake awareness-raising and referral service. SRH Officers would be expected to work closely with all other staff and partners in the project, and with all other SCI departments and programs.
Save the Children employs approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment.
Candidates should apply through the links that are provided by www. careers.sl
Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
About the Role
- Qualified health professional with strong background in sexual and reproductive health.
- Applicants must have a clinical qualification, nurses and midwives, community health or public health are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum 2-years’ experience in management of Adolescent sexual health intervention
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in International Organisation
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Strong skills in building a team, ability to provide training, and on the job mentoring.
- Experience leading the development and delivery of trainings, coaching and supervision of healthcare workforce.
- Advanced training/experience in Adolescent sexual health programming
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Word Excel, Outlook).
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Strong oral and written skills
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful, proactive in identifying and addressing challenges, yet consulting and asking for assistance as needed/relevant.
- Strong interpersonal skills with managing multicultural teams
- Expertise in management of sexual and gender- based violence cases
- Experience working within the INGO
- Demonstrated relationships with district and national stakeholders within and outside the government
- Experience working in rural settings
- Willing to commit to Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Motorbike riding skills with valid license are considered a plus.