Marie Stopes Sierra Leone
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global social business providing personalised, high quality, affordable contraception and safe abortion services to women and girls. MSI has 13,000 team members working in 37 countries to deliver our mission: children by choice, not chance. Marie Stopes Sierra Leone (MSSL) is a founding member of the MSI Partnership, operating in Sierra Leone for 30 years and becoming the largest non-governmental provider of family planning (FP) and sexual & reproductive health (SRH) services in the country. MSSL delivers services in every district of Sierra Leone through its outreach, centres/clinics and social marketing channels.
The Function MSSL are commencing a period of geographic and programmatic expansion including an increase in static and outreach service provision. The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will have the responsibility for monitoring and evaluating Saving Lives project, to ensure that high standards are maintained at all times. The M&E Officer will work closely with the Outreach Channel Lead, Program Manager/Operations Director and all the regional staff and stakeholders to achieve MSSL objectives. To achieve this, MSSL requires an innovative, result oriented individual who has a vision, wants the challenge of launching and managing a new national level programme.
- The monitoring and Evaluation Officer will assist the Project Manager /Operation Manager with coordination of M&E activities of the organization
- ▪ Develop and maintain health information system that adequately takes into consideration the needs and resources of the project ▪ Develop, produce and apply instruments and methodology required to collect relevant data on input, outputs, outcomes and impact of health interventions in the project areas.
- ▪ Assessing and reporting on capacities and performance of key Regional Coordinators, and Outreach team Leaders. ▪ Maintain consistent standards for monitoring and reporting.
- ▪ Collate and disseminate information in Marie Stopes’ project targets and indicators
- ▪ Supporting the conduct of small scale surveys and other relevant studies
- ▪ Preparing and updating monthly, quarterly, and annual monitoring and evaluation plans and reports.
- ▪ Undertaking regular visits to the field to support the implementation of M&E strategies and identify where adaptation might be needed.
- ▪ Support the supervision of quality and timeliness of implementation of Project activities of Marie Stopes
- ▪ Undertake any other duties and functions directly related to the efficient execution of Maries Stopes programmes.
- ▪ Produce monitoring and progress reports to Senior Management as required by donors
- ▪ Represent MSSL and liaise with stakeholders at all levels
About the Role
▪ A degree in social sciences, medical statistics or in a field related to development
▪ Experiences, working with projects in designing monitoring systems and planning for complement evaluations
▪ Experience with Management of different sources of data and multiple indicators
▪ Must have at least 5 years experience in ; a) Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data report writing b) Use of computer systems especially data base, excel spread sheet, access, power point and internet
▪ Must be familiar with working in rural areas with focus on participatory process
▪ Must be willing to undertake regular visit to the field and interact with different stakeholders.
▪ Must have good communication and interactive skills
▪ Must be able to demonstrate complementary and supportive attitude in the process of institutional strengthening
▪ Good communicator, able to work and adapt in a fast-moving organization
• Results driven.
• Motivated and energetic.
• Strong commitment to the goals and vision of MSI and MSSL.
• Strong supporter of the cause for contraception and a woman’s right to safe abortion. (Pro-choice.)
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
• The highest levels of integrity, and a strong ethical sense.
• Self- managed and able to prioritise and work under pressure.
• Initiative, commitment, drive and perseverance
• Planning, organisational, negotiation and selling skills.
• Highly self-sufficient, entrepreneurial, innovative, inspirational and persuasive.
• Must be prepared to travel on short notice
Work as One MSI
• You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximise our ability to influence others • You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort • You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures. Show courage, authenticity and integrity • You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate • You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks. Develop and grow • You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective • You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date. Deliver excellence, always • You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the centre of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role • You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSI ambassador. Leadership (For Leaders only) • You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction • You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline • You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team • You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others. MSI Values • Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance • Client centred: We are passionate about our clients and dedicate our efforts to delivering agreed objectives to the highest possible quality • Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and take responsibility for everything we do to ensure long term sustainability and increased impact • Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission