FG Gold Sierra Leone
FG Gold Limited was recently awarded the Baomahun Gold Concession located in Valunia in Bo District and is currently at the development stage.
Skills and Experience
- Higher Teacher Certificate / Higher National Diploma mandatory.
- A bachelor’s degree or an associate degree an advantage.
- OSHA / IOSH Certification or equivalent an advantage.
- Three (3) years of related experience mandatory.
- Experience in Large scale Mining and Construction industry mandatory.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Good interpersonal skills and sound communication skills and teaching skills.
How to apply?
You can send your application with your most recent curriculum vitae to this email address not later than 6th April 2022: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the urgent requirement for this role, applications will be processed on a rolling basis and the role may be filled before the application deadline.
The company provides equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate in employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, tribe, gender, or age.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Role
The Safety Officer is responsible for making sure all the employees and contractors are working safely and following all the correct safety procedures in line with FG Gold Health and Safety standard operating procedures. The responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitor the implementation of safe systems of work in all activities.
- Ensure that safety information is effectively disseminated across the site to all employees.
- Ensure employees adhere to site rules and use PPE in an appropriate manner.
- Participate and support in the risk management processes across the site (JSA/RA).
- Participate in emergency response.
- Ensure all the employees, contractors, subcontractors and visitors are inducted.
- Provide visible leadership to improve safety and health risk identification, reporting and incident management.
- Train and coach Safety representatives on their expected roles within their units.
- Provide weekly report to the Safety Coordinator.
- Conduct accident and incident investigations and associated reporting.