Radio Station - Afriqia Solutions
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Radio station, acting as a liaison between the Station employees and senior management and taking care of the administrative business and technical aspects in the various departments.
Educational and Professional requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, Journalism and Public Relations or other related discipline.
- BBC training or other professional certification in radio broadcasting a
- Minimum 10 years industry experience with 3-5 years in a managerial role – preferably in similar role.
- Must be based in Sierra Leone.
Qualities and Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain calmness under pressure.
- Must possess good strength of character.
- Sound editorial judgement.
- Ability to train, motivates, coach and leads others in the team.
- Must possess organisational skills.
- Must possess problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong networking skills.
About the Role
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule workflow of presenters and other key administrative services.
- Lead hiring, training and evaluating presenters.
- Monitor the quality of the editorial calendar and station programs.
- Ensure industry standards and regulations are adhered to, as well as the station internal policy with regards to content and
- Contribute to the success and the profitability of the
- Maintain strong customer relations with longstanding station customers (especially corporate and institutional customers).
- Work closely with sales manager and accountant to ensure continuous flow of revenue and collection of money due.
- Provide oversight for the operation in its entirety whilst ensuring equipment and assets are maintained and up-to-standard.
- Proper and diligent reporting of station operations and performance to senior