World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
World Vision International Sierra Leone (WVISL) has been operational since 1996 assisting communities with various interventions in health, education, child protection, water & sanitation and livelihoods.
Applications are requested for suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans to fill the position of
‘Support Services Manager’ in Freetown. Re-Advertise (Open to Sierra Leonean Nationals Only)
WVI GENERAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Build Relationships
- Learn and Develop
- Partner and Collaborate
- Deliver Results
- Be Accountable
- Improve and Innovate
- Embrace Change
WVI LEADERSHIP CORE COMPETENCIES
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organisation
- Develop the Organisation for the Future
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION/KNOWLEDGE/TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Master’s Degree in Business administration, Supply Chain/ Logistics Management, Project Management or Finance and/ or any professional / postgraduate qualification in the relevant field
- Experience: 3 years in middle or senior management in World Vision or comparable Organisation
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired (certification?)
- Other Competencies/Attributes
- Demonstrated ability in leadership and team building
- Supervisory skills
- Must be assertive
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
If this position appeals to you, send a letter of application with your updated CV to the email address
Applications sent through any other means will not be accepted. Please ensure that the subject reads ‘Application for the position of ‘Support services Manager’. Referees of successful candidates will be contacted and each application should include referees’ current email and telephone numbers.
Closing Date: April 8, 2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision International Sierra Leone takes diligent measures to screen out people who might seek to work with them to ensure they do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries in the discharge of their duties. Successful candidate for this position will therefore be screened and required to sign the World Vision Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. World Vision International Sierra Leone will also conduct Police check for successful applicants.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
About the Role
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide leadership to Fleet Management, Offices Management, Assets Management, Protocol and Administrative Services and Corporate Security Services functions and to ensure that these functions have systems and skills to support the operations of the Head Office in Freetown, provincial and clusters offices in Regions and Districts in a timely, technologically-sound, professional and cost-effective manner.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Lead the development, implementation and or review of systems for each department/unit to ensure they are aligned to set standards, responsive to internal and external customers and cost effective.
- To develop, implement and review the operating plans and budgets for Support Services Unit and support other Departments, Units and projects/programs to prepare budgets relating to Fleet Management, Offices management, Assets Management, Corporate Security and Administrative Services
- Provide line management and leadership to Administrative Coordinator and Fleet Coordinator and ensure effective collaboration with others Department and Units involved in Fleet Management, Offices Management, Assets Management, Corporate Security, Protocol and Administrative Services.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of all WVISL fleet (motorcars, motorbikes, boats) and fuel usage through the design and implementation of a comprehensive fleet management system, in compliance with WVISL policies, WVI Partnership standards and Government of Sierra Leone laws.
- Ensure the tracking and establishment of comprehensive inventory (Assets & Inventory Register) in the Head Office, Provincial Offices, Clusters/Area Programmes and projects offices supported with adequate documentation on any legal aspect, ownership and transition plans.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of WVISL Offices (rental, utilities, generators, space management, offices allocation to staff, safety, security….) in Freetown and in the provinces for an improved working environment of all staff, in alignment with WVISL policies, WVI Partnership standards and Government of Sierra Leone laws.
- Lead or support in all administrative processes with the Government of Sierra Leone, Embassies and Diplomatic Missions and similar entities with regards to World Vision International Sierra Leone ministry.
- Mentor, coach and develop the capacity of functional leaders under the Unit into competent, accountable and high performance teams.
- Assist the Finance and Support Services Director in accessing and coordinating technical resources available from the Global Center or Region for Support Services (Admin, Fleet Management, Offices management, asset management, Corporate Security)
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Finances & Support Services Director